4 egg yolks
50 gm. Castor sugar
a pint of Salt
a drop of pink colouring
1 tsp. Strawberry emulco
150 gm. Fresh Strawberries - puree until fine
80 gm. cornoil/vegetable oil
120 gm. Superfine flour / Self Raising Flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
4 Egg white
1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
70 gm. Castor sugar
(1) Mix the egg yolks with sugar and stir until well mixed.
(2) Add in cornoil, strawberry puree and kirsch and stir till well-mixed. Add in flour and baking powder and stir until smooth . Add in pink colouring and strawberry emulco.
(3) Beat egg white with cream of tartar and while egg white is beating, pour in sugar gradually and beat till stiff.
(4) Fold egg white with the egg yolk mixture and pour into a greaseless 23 cm or 25 cm tube pan and bake at 175C for about 50 mins.
(5) When cake is done, remove from oven and overturn the cake onto a wire rack until cool. Remove from pan. Serve.