200 g egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
110 g caster sugar
50 g margarine
65 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
85 g cake flour
15 g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp double acting
chocolate meises for filling
How to make:
1. Preheat the steamer and grease a loaf pan (24 x 10 x 7cm) with margarine and line with parchment paper.
2. Heat margarine until melted, add dark chocolate, stir until melted. Set aside.
3. Beat the egg whites until foamy, add salt and sugar in 5 steps. Beat until soft peaks form.
4. Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder and double acting to the egg mixture, stir gently until just combined.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture, strirring until all combined.
6. Pour half of the batter to the loaf pan, and steam for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate meises.
7. Pour the remaining batter into loaf pan, and continue steaming for about 15 minutes.