Friday, 8 August 2008
Strawberry Cheese Tart
Ingredients for Pastry: (Makes about 30 nos.)
100 gm. Butter
60 gm. icing sugar
30 gm. beaten egg
200 gm. Plain flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
Ingredients for Cream cheese filling:
300 gm. Cream cheese
80 gm. icing sugar
1 tsp. lemon paste
15 gm. vanilla essence
50 gm. whip cream
25 gm. cornflour - sieved
2 nos. large eggs
Some Strawberry Puree for topping
(1) Cream butter, icing sugar till slightly creamy.
(2) Add in beaten eggs, salt, and vanilla essence.
(3) Fold in flour and mix into a dough. Leave in the fridge for 20 mins.
(4) Press dough into tart mould and cut off excess dough.
(5) Bake the tart mould till half-baked and let it cool slightly.
(6) Cream cream cheese and icing sugar till creamy.
(7) Add in lemon paste and vanilla essence.
(8) Add in eggs one at a time , beating well after each addition.
(9) Add in whip cream and mix evenly.
(10) Pour filling into half-baked tarts, scoop a little blueberry jam topping on top of filling and then use a skewer to swirl into a marble effect and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 10 to 15 mins. or till set.
(11) Leave to cool before serving.