Sumber : Yochana
Ingredients for cake:
250 gm. Optima flour or sponge cake mix flour
3 Tbsp. Pandan juice
a little green pandan paste or green colouring
3 Tbsp. Thick coconut milk
1 1/2 Tbsp. cornoil
900 ml. Coconut milk ( squeeze from 1 1/2 coconuts - add water)
9 Tbsp. Hoen kwee flour / green pea flour
1 Tbsp. Instant Jelly Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
a little green colouring
a little pandan paste
180 gm. sugar
60 gm. Dessicated coconut for covering cake
Method for cake:
(1) Whisk optima flour and eggs till light.
(2) Add pandan juice and continue to beat till fluffy.
(3) Add green colouring and pandan paste.
(4) Fold in coconut milk and corn oil and mix till combined.
(5) Pour into a 9" round cake tin and bake at 175C for about 40 to 45 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out dry.
(6) Slice on wire rack to cool before slicing into 3 or 4 slices , your preference.
Method for pandan Kaya:
(1) Put all the ingredients into a pot and stir till evenly mixed.
(2) Cook over medium heat till mixture thickens and smooth.
(3) Place a slice of sponge cake into a cake ring, pour in some kaya and continue the same process till the last layer is covered with pandan kaya.
(4) Leave aside to cool and set before chilling in the fridge.
(5) Remove cake from cake ring and cover the whole cake with dessicated coconut.
(6) Slice and serve chilled.
Sumber : ninoZ
For the sponge cake:
375g Optima flour
2 tbsp pandan juice
A few drops of green colouring
90g butter, melted
For the pandan kaya:
700g pati santan
100g fresh cream
1 packet Hoen Kwe flour (85g)
1 1/2 tsp instant jelly
1/2 tsp sa1t
1/4 tsp pandan essence
2 tbsp pandan juice
1 tsp green colouring
To make the sponge cake:
Whisk up ingredients (A) until almost stiff, add in (B) and continue to beat. When mixture is stiff, add in (C) on low speed. Lastly, use a spatula to stir well.
Pour mixture into a 23cm loose-bottomed square tin. Grease and line the tin. Bake the sponge at 150 degrees C for 45 minutes.
Cut the "skin" or top off the sponge cake, then slice the cake into three layers of equal thickness.
To make the pandan kaya:
Put all ingredients into a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly using a hand whisk to prevent sticking. Do not overcook. Turn off the flame when mixture thickens.
Assembling the layers:
Pour one big ladle of pandan kaya mixture into a cake tin, level out evenly. Place first layer of sponge cake on it. Pour in another pandan kaya layer and level off.
Do the same for all layers and cover up with more pandan kaya mixture. Keep aside for 30 minutes before chilling the whole cake in the refrigerator.
Sprinkle the sides of the cake with desiccated coconut. Cut cake into slices and serve.
tepung optima - Campuran tepung khas utk kek yg telah ditambah dgn gula
tepung hoen kwee - tepung kacang hijau keluaran dari indonesia yg telah diperisakan