Friday, 12 December 2008
Blueberry Cheese Cake
Serve - 12 people)
* 225g (8 oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
* 30g (1 oz) butter, melted
* 900g (2 lbs) cream cheese
* 300g (11 oz) caster sugar
* 175ml (6 fl oz) milk
* 4 eggs
* 225ml (8 fl oz) soured cream
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 4 tablespoons plain flour
* 1 packet blueberry for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
2. In a medium bowl, mix digestive crumbs with melted butter. Press onto base of cake tin.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in soured cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling onto prepared biscuit base.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill until ready to serve.
p/s Grease the cake tin to avoid the cake cracking