1 1/2 cups icing sugar
180 gm. ground almonds
3 large egg white = 100 to 120 gm.
1/8 tsp. salt
50 gm. fine sugar
a drop of pink colouring
100 gm. dark chocolate - melted
75 gm. dairy cream
1 Tbsp. Strawpberry Jam
1/8 teaspoon of strawberry essence
(1) Mix icing sugar and ground almonds together till well mixed.
(2) Whisk egg white till frothy and then add in fine sugar gradually and continue beating till thick.
(3) Fold egg white with ground almonds mixture and the pink colouring.
(4) Put batter into a piping bag. Snip the tip and pipe into rounds onto a baking tray. Let it rest for 30 mins. before baking.
(5) Bake at 180C for about 15 - 20 mins. Macaroons are supposed to be baked till chewy soft and not crispy.
(6) Meantime, prepare filling. Melt dark chocolate with dairy cream over a pot of simmering hot water and stir till chocolate melts.
(7) Add in strawberry jam and mix till well combined.
(8) Spread filling onto macaroons and sandwich together.